Amazon.com exclusive Miyazaki Blu Ray collection

Post Anime News Here.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

Amazon.com exclusive Miyazaki Blu Ray collection

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:40 pm

Amazon is putting out a complete set of all of Miyazaki's films, and a bonus disc of a few other related shows he was involved in http://collider.com/studio-ghibli-hayao ... this-fall/
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Re: Amazon.com exclusive Miyazaki Blu Ray collection

Postby bakamatt » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:08 am

But not, alas, his Lupin episodes. That wouldn't have sold my by itself; I assume this collection is going to be way too much for me think about double dipping on some of the titles. But it would have increased my temptation.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:26 am

Ouch, that is a nice set, but 250 bucks would be more then I spent on any box set. I might have gotten it, if it was a 100 or less. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0117V8BX8
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby kaworu5 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:48 pm

Considering that it is 11 movies plus great extras, $225 isn’t that bad IMO. It apparently is doing well since it is #3 in blu-ray sales, then again it is an Amazon exclusive so it isn't like there are competing stores. A big deterrent for me is that some of the movies already put out on blu-ray have dubtitles and I assume these copies will be the same as the existing blu-rays. I suppose I only have a few months to decide b/c I guess that these will be impossible to find after the release like the Amazon exclusive Cowboy Bebop blu-rays.
kaworu5
Anime Enthusiast

Postby Tsunami3k » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:59 pm

It's tough....$22 a movie for a double-dip on what I already have all but Ponyo of... It also looks like the Japanese release is a physically thicker set to accommodate the movies in thinpack cases thus preserving the original movie art whereas the domestic release appears to be about half the width leading me to conclude that they're all shoved into a digipack or something similarly unworthy. They could have hooked me if it was closer to $150 and it also included The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness on BD as well.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:18 am

I think Amazon even has ponyo on sale right now like 17 bucks or something
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby kaworu5 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:26 am

Amazon has the set on sale for today only for $165. The reviews say the dubtitles were corrected from prior releases of some of the movies, but extras on those discs didn't carry over to this set. However, this set does have an entire disc of extras, mostly misc. thinks Miyazaki did not directly relating to the 11 movies. At $15/movie I think I'll have to get this now since I don't have any of these on bluray, and b/c not much at RightStuf has caught my eye compared to last year.
kaworu5
Anime Enthusiast

Postby Tsunami3k » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:03 am

I don't have Amazon Prime so I can't take advantage of it but the collection is $142 for a short bit today for "Prime Day".
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Return to Anime News