TRSI announces their first BD release.

Post Anime News Here.

Moderators: Tsunami3k, bakamatt

TRSI announces their first BD release.

Postby Tsunami3k » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:11 pm

Utena is getting the deluxe treatment as their first foray into high-def....ok, now I'm likely to double-dip.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Re: TRSI announces their first BD release.

Postby kaworu5 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:30 pm

I will, but only if they offer a ring with BDs.

Also, if anyone wants to watch a stream of the industry panels, it can be found at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/animecon-industry. Funimation on currently.
kaworu5
Anime Enthusiast

Postby Tsunami3k » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:30 pm

Sweet! Thanks for the link!
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:21 am

And their second BR, will be the original Gundam in association with Sunrise. I hope TRSI gets the new Aria blu rays as well http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... isc/.90041
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby Tsunami3k » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:00 pm

Sounds like they're rescuing the second season of Big Windup that Funi dropped after they gave up on sports series altogether (though they seem to be dipping their toes back in with their Ping Pong license [perhaps due to latent regret for passing on the money-piñata Free!]). Hopefully fans are finally starting to get that "sports" anime share far more of their creative DNA with the likes of Beck or Angelic Layer than the masturbatorial ESPN-style jock-celeb wankery that most Americans would be familiar with. In fact it's the mutual distillation of competition and the major thematic elements of anime that we've all come to love that pretty consistently combine into something more potent and charming than its parts.

I've only seen a handful of sport-centric shows (probably influenced in part to Funi's moratorium) but they've consistently rated higher than average in my opinion. It seems weird that I'd be the one championing sports shows of all things but the medium has worked its charms on me once again and I'm forced to concede another bias but I'm happy to do so. With this small barrage of wins this summer for this neglected branch of anime, there's some hope that it will prove to be sustainable so that we can enjoy the full breadth of the medium.
Tsunami3k
Site Admin

Postby ZeroRyoko1974 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:00 am

Speaking of Angelic Layer, I was on Sentai's website the other day, and noticed they are releasing a DVD of Angelic Layer http://www.sentaifilmworks.com/shows/angelic-layer
ImageAnime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage
ZeroRyoko1974
Anime Baron

Postby bakamatt » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:51 pm

I started Angelic Layer the first time around, but ran out of steam pretty fast. It kind of seems to me that CLAMP can't function outside their comfort zone very successfully, considering what a dog's breakfast Blooc-C was, also.

Fortunately for us all, they have a pretty big comfort zone.
bakamatt
Anime Baron

Return to Anime News